My name is Alexander Agho and welcome to the Unreal Place. If you are here because you want to learn how to make stunning Architectural Visualizations, then look no further because you are in the right place.
In this ‘Introduction to Archviz’ course, we will harness the power of Unreal Engine to create the awesome visuals you see below.
This Introductory course is for:
3d Artists,Architects,Interior Designers,Game Developers,Enthusiasts,
and anyone else who is new to Realtime Technology and would like to learn how to use Unreal Engine for Architectural Visualization.
Unreal Engine is the most advanced real-time 3D creation software out there. Its robust set of tools make it possible to create anything you can think of.
Unreal Engine offers high-fidelity visuals straight out of the box.
Unreal Engine provides you with the tools not only to create still images and cinematics but also transforms them into Interactive 3D’s and VR Reality tours
Best of all, Unreal Engine is Free.
A basic understanding of 3ds Max.
A PC that can run Unreal Engine. Check out recommended system requirements for UE4 form Epic Games official website here
Note:If you don’t have 3ds max, you can install a 30 day trial version from the Autodesk website here
If you don’t have any knowledge of 3ds Maxand still want to follow along, all Exported files from 3ds max will be provided in the project files
The Entire Course is made up of 10 Modules.
Each Module focuses on Core areas that will get you up and running with Unreal Engine 4 and give you the necessary tools to create stunning visualizations and the confidence to take on your own projects in the future.
1. Downloading and Install Epic games Launcher2. Creating a New Account 3. Epic Launcher Interface4. Installing UE4 5. Installing Datasmith plugin for 3Ds Max
3DS MAX Best Practices FOR UNREAL ENGINE 4
1. Organizing project By Layers2. Checking System Unit3. Understanding Back face Culling4. Proper Naming Conventions5. Attach and Detach meshes where necessary6. Ungroup or Open all objects and use links where necessary7. Using Proper Pivot Locations8. Using Instances as much a possible9. Bevel Edges10. UV Mapping and Unwrapping11. Cleaning up scene (Remove unwanted geometry)12. Exporting using Datasmith
1. Creating a New Project2. Brief Introduction to all the tabs and windows that will be used in the course.Viewport, Toolbar, Modes, Content Browser, World Outliner, Details Panel, World Settings3. Navigation in the Viewport4. Discuss all the icons in the viewport5. Important Hotkeys6. Creating a new Empty Level and setup some basic Project Settings:7. Importing the 3ds Max Model using Datasmith and Import Settings8. Inspect the model for any mapping error
1. Understanding the different Light types and Mobility States.2. Setting up detailed lighting for the scene.3. Swarm agent 4. Lightmap Density 5. Light mass importance Volume6. Post process Volume7. Lightmass Portal8. World Settings9. Build Quality (Draft to Production )10. CPU VS GPU Lightmass11. Installing Lausgoung GPU Lightmass 12. Statistics window 13. Creating a Day and Evening scene14. Lighting with HDRI
1. PBR Materials2. Different ways of creating materials3. Different sections of the Material Editor Interface4. Applying Materials to Meshes5. Material Inputs and Settings6. Material Nodes7. Creating different Materials (Stone, Concrete, Wood, etc)8. Master Material and Material Instances9. Megascans and Bridge
1. Downloading and importing foilage assets from Bridge2. Downloading and importing foilage assets from Epic Games Launcher3. Understanding Foilage Editor Modes and Its settings4. Foilage Placement and Painting5. Foilage Instance Settings
1. Adding a Camera to the scene2. Important Camera Properties and Settings3. Colour Grading LUT4. Creating High Resolutiuon Images5. The Sequencer6. Level sequences7. Creating Camera clips8. Master Sequence9. Working with Audio10. Exporting a high resolution Video11. Export Settings
1. How to reduce Project Size2. Packaging Settings for First Person Project3. Packaging Settings for VR Project4. Archiving your projects.
No problem! The techniques taught in 3ds Max are universal across a lot of 3d software like Maya, Blender, etc. Plus all exported Fbx and Datasmith files will also be provided so you can follow along.
The course videos are hosted on the Selar Online Platform and are viewed online. You also have Lifetime access.
Credit Card, Paypal, Samsung Pay, Google Pay and more
The 3ds Max File, The Exported Datasmith and Fbx Files and The Finished Unreal Engine Project Files
Yes, you will have dedicated support for 6 months.
LET’S CREATE SOMETHING UNREAL
Create a new account